1) Soviet Paper Says 20 Million Died As Victims of Stalin
2) Stalin was one of the Bolsheviks' chief operatives in the Caucasus and grew close to leader Vladimir Lenin, who saw him as a tough character, and a loyal follower capable of getting things done behind the scenes.
3) Stalin was appointed People's Commissar for Nationalities' Affairs; his job was to establish an institution to win over non-Russian citizens of the former Russian Empire.
4) “Death solves all problems — no man, no problem."
5) Eastern Bloc countries who held various key administrative positions in the bureaucracy, ... The arch-critic of Stalin.
6) The intent was to increase state grain procurements without giving the peasants the opportunity to withhold grain from the market.
7) The Gulag was a system of forced labor camps established during Joseph Stalin's long reign as dictator of the Soviet Union.
8) Andrei Vyshinsky
9) Trotsky was removed from his positions and eventually expelled from the Soviet Union in February 1929.
10) Russian manifestation had two German connections.
11) Stalin had left the Soviet Union in an unenviable state when he died.
12) The personality cult and dictatorship of Joseph Stalin.
13) Soviet society was so atomized and the people so fearful of reprisals that mass arrests were no longer necessary.
Trotsky was removed from his positions and eventually expelled from the Soviet Union in February 1929. He was assassinated on feburary 1929 by Ramón Mercader.
He was removed from his positions and eventually expelled from the Soviet Union in February 1929