Although the three-fifths compromise northern and southern states reach an agreement that allowed for ratification of the constitution, in the long run it had a negative effect on the nation because a) it gave too much power to the executive branch of the government. b) it forced the founding fathers to add the bill of rights to the constitution. c) it was only a temporary solution to the argument between "free" and "slave" states. d) it gave too much power to state governments and not enough to the federal government.
The correct answer is C
The compromise of the three-fifths was a compromise reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 between the states of North and South. This compromise considered in the counting rules of the people represented in the House of Representatives, a slave is recognized up to three-fifths of a slave states. This compromise was registered in the United States Constitution, in Article I, Section 2, clause 3. Such resolving of the slavery problem in a long term was one of the causes of Civil War
Hope this helps! :)
2. D)settle issues regarding the power of states in the national government.
3. A)it is the highest form of law in the United States.
4. D)the legislative, executive and judicial functions of government are held by separate people and groups.
5. A)The legislative branch was organized into two separate houses. (not sure about this one)
6. D)to prevent abuse of power and tyranny by the central government
7. A)Congress may override a president’s vetoing of a bill.
8. C)So each branch has to share power.
13. A) early colonial efforts in self-government
14. C) it was only a temporary solution to the argument between "free" and "slave" states
15. A) The Founding Fathers allowed for the amendment process
I think is A because it was just so they could take into account slaves, not because they could vote, because they couldn't but they would make a huge difference in the size of the state