(7³ + 7³) cubic units
The formula for the volume of a cube = (Side length)³
From the question, we are told that, we have two cubes
Cube 1 :
Side length = 7
Volume of cube 1 = 7³ cubic units
Cube 2 also has a side length of 7 as well
Volume cube 2 = 7³ cubic units
We are asked in the question to find the total volume of the cube and express as exponents
Total volume = Volume of cube 1 + Volume of cube 2
=( 7³ + 7³) cubic units
2. cups or quarts
5. Mean = 6 and mode = 5
9. Cannot be answered, not enough information
12. d = 3.42
14. 12h = 120-36
16. First evaluate anything within parentheses. Next evaluate any exponents. Next evaluate multiplication and division from left to right, and lastly evaluate addition and subtraction from left to right.
17. Mean is the average of a data set, median is the middle value of a data set and mode is the number that occurs most often in a data set.
19. The equation is not shown to solve.
1. To write an expression with exponents, we use the number being multiplied as the base and the number of times it is multiplied as the exponent.
Since the number being multiplied is -4 and the number of times it is multiplied is 2, this gives us (-4)².
2. A larger pot will hold several quarts. Smaller pots will hold several cups.
3. To estimate, round each number to the nearest tenth. This gives us 9.3, 5.7 and 4.1. Adding these, we get
9.3+5.7 = 15; 15+4.1 = 19.1.
4. 91 is divisible by 7; this makes it composite.
5. The mean of a data set is found by adding together all data points and then dividing by the number of data points:
(5+12+1+5+7)/5 = 30/5 = 6
The mode of a data set is the number that occurs most often in a data set. In this data set this is 5.
6. There is quite a bit of distance from the U.S. to Turkey. Since the U.S. is the only country that uses imperial measurement, metric measurement would be better; this means that kilometers would most likely be used.
7. To find the percent a number is of another number, divide the two numbers and then multiply by 100:
33/67 = 0.49254(100) = 49.254 ≈ 49.3%
8. An adult house cat is usually about 1 foot high.
9. There is no model shown.
10. The sum of the digits of 94 is 9+4 = 13; this is not divisible by 3, so 94 is not divisible by 3.
11. 97 is prime; it is not divisible by anything other than 97 or 1.
12. To solve this equation, we divide both sides by 5:
5d/5 = 17.1/5
d = 3.42
13. A reasonable estimate for the mass of a baby would be 7 pounds.
14. Twelve times h is represented by 12h. One hundred and twenty minus thirty-six is represented as 120-36. This makes the equation
12h = 120-36
15. -5(1) = -5. -5(11) = -55. -55(4) = -220
16. The first part of the order of operations is P for parentheses. This means we evaluate anything within parentheses first. The next part is E for exponents. This means the second thing we evaluate is any exponents. The next part is MD for multiplication and division from left to right. This means as we go through the expression we multiply or divide in order from left to right. The last part is AS for addition and subtraction from left to right. This means as we go through the expression we add or subtract in order from left to right.
17. Three measures of central tendency are the mean, median and mode. The mean is the average, found by adding together all data points and dividing by the number of data points. The median is the middle of a data set ordered from least to greatest. The mode is the value that occurs most frequently in a data set.
18. A negative times a negative is a positive; this positive times a negative is a negative.
19. There is no equation shown to solve.
82 is read as “8 to the second power” or “8 squared.” It means 8 • 8, or 64.
Length after 3 hours = 27 centimeters
Let us solve this while making a table
Hours(n) Length (L)
2 3 x 3 = 9 =
3 9 x 3 = 27 =
4 27 x 3 = 81 =
Hence we can draw an expresssion as
to measure the length of the necklace after n hours.
a) 378 foot
Given: Ribbon required to make 1 bow = 1.5 yards
We know that 1 yard = 3 foot
a) Number of bows Jeanne wants to make = 84
Foot of ribbon required to make 84 bows
= Number of bows Jeanne wants to make × Ribbon required to male 1 bow
= 84 × 1.5 yards
= 126 × 3 foot = 378 foot
Thus, Jeanne requires 378 foot of ribbon to make 84 bows.
b) Cost of ribbon = 10¢ per foot
Total money required to buy ribbon
= Cost of ribbon × Amount of ribbon required in foot
= 10 × 378
c) Number of bows manufacture wants to make = 84 × 1000
= 84,000 bows
Amount of ribbon required to make bows
= 1000 × Amount of ribbon required to make 84 bows
= 1,000 × 378 = 378000 foot
To write it in exponential form:
First hour: 3 = 3¹
Second hour: (3) x 3 = 3²
Third hour: (3 x 3) x 3 = 3³
Fourth hour: (3 x 3 x 3) x 3 = 3⁴
Do you see the pattern? where n is the number of hours
ian gonna lie that is way to much
oh boi, lets see...
5 1/3 + (-3 1/2) = 2 183/100= 3 83/100
i would use liters or fluid ounces.
91 is composite.
i dont know mean or mode so i really cant help sorry
i would use miles
i can't help with that either. so sorry.
it would be 1 foot
i can't see the model.
no, it's not evenly divided.
d=3.42. divide 17.1 by 5
-5x 1 x 11 x 4 i couldn't tell which was an x and when it was multiplication
pemds. do parenthesis then exponents, continue to multiplication and division from left to right, finally go to addition and subtraction from left to right.
it will be positive.
i could have gotten a few wrong but i tried. hope this helps.